At Rangeside Veterinarians – we believe in both the caring personalised delivery of high quality veterinary services to our dog and cat patients and in establishing a respectful and friendly relationship with all of our pet owners.
• We are conscious to maintain the feel of a ‘homely’, small sized Veterinary practice
• We strive to give helpful and courteous service with staff that want to know you and your pets
• We have a small and consistent team of small animal clinicians who enjoy their work and have many years of experience working in Toowoomba.
• We have caring, friendly nursing staff, all of them fully qualified and between them they have over 60 years of experience.
The Rangeside Veterinarians practice was established in 2008 by Dr Alistair Webb.
This practice was an amalgamation of a small animal clinic that previously operated from 16a James Street (The Ridge Veterinary Surgery owned by Dr Carol Smith) and the Veterinary practice that Dr Alistair Webb had operated since 2004 and relocated from 104 Herries Street Toowoomba.
In 2012 the practice completed some extensive renovations that improved the facilities inside the building and gave us the capacity to comfortably park 7 cars
Rangeside Veterinarians offers the broad range of services you would expect from a quality Small Animal Veterinary Surgery. The services offered include:
- Investigation and treatment of medical problems – the practice has experienced Veterinarians and the capability to thoroughly work-up and treat the trickiest cases. We are very happy to discuss the fees and costs involved in treatment options.
- Radiology and ultrasound – We have the latest Carestream Digital Radiology Processing equipment and have the ability to undertake investigations using x-ray and ultrasound technology.
- Vaccination programs – This practice is using the top quality Boehringer Ingelheim vaccines including the 3 year C3 vaccine for dogs and the FIV vaccines for cats.
- Tick prevention options – Paralysis Ticks continue to be one of the biggest problems facing pet owners in and around Toowoomba. Our staff can advise you of the best options available for your pets
- Parasite prevention - Talk to our staff about the many Flea treatment programs available for this frustrating perennial problem – including the new once a month tablet for dogs and cats. Intestinal worming treatments – we stock a variety of quality that will suit even the fussiest of pets. Heartworm Prevention for dogs - options including the popular yearly Heartworm injection for dogs.
- Dietary advice - The Practice stocks quality premium dog and cat food for the life stages from puppies and kittens through to seniors. The friendly staff can also tailor weight loss programs and offer advice on other options including low allergy diets and dental diets.
- Behaviour Advice – Our staff can give you some useful hints when trying to sort out those all too common behaviour issues.
- General surgery - We routinely perform all general surgery for dogs and cats including de-sexing, lump removals and wound repair
- Orthopaedic surgery – The Practice has the capability to undertake many orthopaedic procedures including cruciate repairs in dogs and cats. We also have the ability to accommodate a visiting specialist surgeon for the more complicated procedures.
- Dentistry for dogs and cats – The Practice is equipped with quality IM3 equipment to provide dental scaling, polishing and extractions if required.
- Treatments for allergic skin disease – We can discuss the range of options that are available for treatment from shampoos and conditioners, through Omega III supplements to anti-inflammatory medications.
- Arthritis treatment options – We have a range of treatment approaches from nutriceutical supplements through to anti-inflammatory programs.
- Puppy Preschool – The nursing staff conduct these classes on a regular basis and usually on a Saturday afternoon. Please phone the surgery for details of the next class.
- In-House Laboratory work – The Practice has the ability to perform a large number of routine testing procedures on blood, urine, faeces and skin samples.
- Referral pathology – we can arrange same day routine blood tests with a commercial laboratory in Toowoomba and we can use the specialist Veterinary Laboratory in Brisbane for more detailed pathology specimen analysis.
- Referral to Veterinary Specialists – we have the ability to refer more complex cases to Brisbane in the areas of feline & canine medicine, advanced surgery and oncology including radiation treatment.